The Teachers' Scrounge

News and comments from the world of public education. A middle school math teacher shared what he learned today.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Teacher Arrested During Traffic Stop Near School

In Keller, Texas, a second-grade teacher threw a "tantrum" during a traffic stop (for speeding) near her school. She started her discussion with the officer saying, "I'm a freaking teacher, and usually, usually you guys have some idea about that."

How do we know what she said? It was all recorded on audio. You can hear snippets along with the article online.

The teacher throws her license and insurance paperwork at the officer, then tries to drive off while he's printing the ticket. The officer tells her to park back where she was. Then the swearing and cussing begins. She peels back into her parking spot (squealing tires can be heard in the audio), and almost hits the officer. At this point, he decides to arrest the teacher.

Then comes the best part:
"You're not going to make an example out of me in front of every [expletive] parent in school!"

She's right... she's not much of an example now.

Now, I've gotten a ticket in front of the school before (and it was for speeding). Sure, everyone sees you, but it's not the end of the world. Being a teacher (or a tardy teacher) is no excuse for speeding through a school zone. I drive here everyday, I know what the limit is. I know there's a school right here! My ticket was entirely my fault. I do appreciate it when the officer is sensitive to the fact I have 30 rambunctious middle schoolers waiting for me and he is quick and efficient, but other than that...

Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home