The Teachers' Scrounge

News and comments from the world of public education. A middle school math teacher shared what he learned today.

Friday, February 6, 2009

The burning (and exploding) question...


So one of the 3rd period kiddos today mentions a video game with a really cool "mini-game." (A small game-inside-the-game.) In this mini-game, the goal is to drive a car and create the most spectacular crash possible.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait, a minute!" I said.

You mean every time I show you some new math skill I'm confronted with this, "When are we ever gonna do this?" but when you're learning how to total a car, you don't bother to ask the same thing?? I mean, come on, why don't you send a letter to Nintendo and ask, "When will I ever throw turtles at mushrooms to try to save a princess?" How 'bout some equity here?

Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home